Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Weekend away


Hi.

Have just got back from a weekend away. I have a really nice time. There were six of us altogether. Dad and Alice in the camper, Col and Peter in the VW and John and I in the tent.

We didn't go to Longleat as it was really to far to go just for the weekend. I'm pleased we didn't because it was hardly a relaxing weekend. We must have walked for miles.

We got there Friday night and more or less went straight to the pub and played card most of the evening. On Saturday we caught the park and ride into York and when to the Castle Museam then had a wander around the town. In the evening we have a meal. On the Sunday we went to the railway museam. I have to say that a lot of train in a big shed isn't really my idea of a good time but as it was fathers day we went. It was ok. The royal trains are quite interesting and I have to say I'm a bit a of a royalist. As I have Monday off everyone put me and John headed back home. Then on the Monday we went to Castle Howard. This was my choice I have been moaning about it for ages. At the moment they are filming a film version of Brideshead revisited so there were loads of props and camera crew about. I didn't see any one famous. Emma Thompson was there filming as was Micheal Gambon.

All in all a good weekend. Roll on the next time we all go away. The Isle of Wright was mentioned in passing.

Sam X

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE CAMPER LOOKS BRILLIANT. A VERY SMART EARLY BAY.

Anonymous said...

What a cool van

Anonymous said...

I agree a wonderful van

Anonymous said...

col have you just sent them all yes we know we love your van do you need private time with it
kt

Anonymous said...

Wow nice van
want one
want one
want a red one