Friday, February 07, 2014

Getting the new (to us) playhouse tomorrow.

Excitement in our household at the moment. Tomorrow is the big move, the playhouse is arriving. We are all having Weetabix for breakfast, as we are hoping to move it as one piece and muscles are going to be needed. James and John have already taking down the fence panel so we can access our garden. Dad is coming with the trailer in the morning. It is turning out to be a bit of a mission to get it here.

I have high hopes for restoring it. I'm thinking beach hut blue with lavender doors and window frames. I have ordered a few paint samples already. I'm not sure if I need to paint a primer on first before the colour and I'm having a job finding out.

We are going to rig up a little pulley system with a bucket on the side of the playhouse. Also I thought a hanging basket, bunting and windcharms and suncatchers. Inside is going to be painted cream with cute curtains and a few shelves. I'm going to see if I can get a few bit of furniture it go in there as well. I also thought of creating a den underneath the house using garden trellis, this will also act as storage for the kids garden toys.

The major problem with be working out where is put it. Our garden is tiny, one side and the back has a raised flower bed, the other is half grass and patio so would be uneven. Hopefully Dad and John will solve that problem.

No comments: