Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Easy sweetcorn and pea fritters.

As work is drying up I'm having to rein in the food budget a bit, this way we can still do nice things with the kids.

Yesterday, Penny and I made a lunch of sweetcorn fritters. Quick easy and cheap. I thought I would share the recipe.

1 can of sweetcorn
Handful of frozen peas
100g plain flour (we use Self rasing gluten free flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
150ml milk (lactose free for Penny)
Salt, pepper anything else the flavour

Drain the sweetcorn, discard the juice.
Mix the flour and baking powder in a big bowel.
Add the egg and milk and mix until smooth.
Add the sweetcorn and pea and mix.
Oil a frying pan. When hot spoon a blob of the mixture into the pan and turn when brown. Easy. The whole thing should have taken 10mins but I had Penny helping so it took much longer.
You can freeze the cooked fritters, add chilli, or paprika, pepper, carrots anything left over.
We eat them just with a bit of tomato sauce for Penny and sweet chilli sauce for me. Then had them as a side with the gammon for tea.
Definitely one to do again. I think they cost about 60p to make and I made 10.

No comments: