Friday, January 10, 2014

Catalyst Science Museum

Recently we went to Chester for the weekend. On the way home we visited Catalyst Science Museum which is on the banks of the river Mersey.
It looked promising from the leaflet I picked up in Chester. It offered a 3d film experience, along with a range for activities ranging from making soap to bath bombs. Obviously, as it is January we were expecting limited activities. However, there was none on offer, nor was the 3d film on. Quite disappointing.

James, though, really enjoyed his day, there were loads of hands on buttons to press, lights to move round and computers to play with. He really enjoyed making a foam bridge which, with some trepidation, he was able to walk across.

I enjoyed the views across the Mersey from the observation floor.
Both John and I enjoyed the puzzle room, though it did feel a little like a school challange. I think we mainly liked it because we are highly competitive and were trying to beat each other.
I have to say I've been to much better Science Museums. Catalyst seems dated and we all left not actually learning anything new. Not I place I would visit again but on a cold and rainy Sunday with 2 small children it kept them entertained.

No comments: